Under The Staircase

Monday, July 21, 2014

Taylor Bennett

                                                       
                                                taylor.jpeg


I kept hearing the name Taylor Bennett popping all over the place with people saying nothing but good things about him. So I took some time out of my busy summer schedule of working and seeing how many California burritos I can eat in a week to look into the rapper and I played the video New Chevy featuring King Louie as my first Taylor Bennett experience, check it out down below.


My first reaction was who is this rapper that looks just like Chance The Rapper, dresses like Chance, dances like Chance and even raps/sings like him.  His chorus sounds just like a typical Chance chorus with his squeaky raspy voice. Being a Chance The Rapper fan I dismissed Taylor as just a poor man's  Chance, but than I did some research and saw this pic of the two rappers.


tc.jpg


Yup that's right Taylor Bennett and Chance Bennett are brothers! Who would have guessed? Taylor Bennett is the younger brother of Chance The Rapper and an up and coming rapper in his own right. It isn't very surprising that Taylor Bennett would share  Chance's Style since they both grew up together, but he definitely varies his style check out his older video of Speed Racer and his Remix of Goldie by ASAP Rocky.



Those are some of his older projects which display his versatility and unique skills that give you a Taylor Bennett vibe and not just “oh that's Chance’s lil bro trying to be like him”. His newest mix tape is about two months old and is entitled Mainstream Music check it out below.


If you want more of Taylor Bennett, like I did, check out this cool little interview down below and find out more about this young gun.


No comments:

Post a Comment