Under The Staircase

Friday, July 4, 2014

G-Eazy

                                                                 Geazy.jpg

Two years ago I was a high school grad who could not wait to enter the college atmosphere and party my gpa and scholarship away. I started listening to more college artists such as Sammy Adams, Aer, and of course G-Eazy. I fell in love with G-Eazy, first of all, because he definitely has the best hair in the rap game that flows perfectly with his rocking wardrobe of leather jackets and tight black jeans. Of course the number one reason for why I admire G-Eazy is the enamore that he fills the ladies with. Girls flock to his concerts and shows hoping for G-Eazy to sign one or both of their tits. On the musical side he has solid beats. He mainly raps about his party lifestyle as he is constantly on tour partying like a college freshman, with the exception of having worry about any sort of GPA. G-Eazy definitely put out his best album so far, and as a college student, I love his album “These Things Happen”. All of his features, such as Asap Ferg, E40, and Jay Ant, fills the album with very interesting and 'inspiring' verses. E40, primarily, kills his verse on Far Alone proving that age does not define the rapper. Where G-Eazy truly shines, though, is in his solo acts, his unique Oakland voice, and smack talking lyrics, such as “Yeah, rappers try to brag about accomplishments but nothing you've been dropping yet astonishes.” "Almost Famous,” my second favorite - but hey who cares about me - shows G-Eazy’s versatile chorus skills showing off his raspy voice. Oh and did I mention his music videos are off the heezy? Check out my favorite one by him down below.




      Truth be told, I am a huge fan of G-Eazy because he seems to rap about relateable things. Sure, I know I don’t have the babes flocking to me, and the only person that asks me to sign anything is the local burrito boy to pay for my carne asada fries. But I understand what he raps about,  for instance I know “Tumblr Girls” and know how they act. One thing I will add about the G-Eazy album is that the older rap crowd will not appreciate “These Things Happen” as much as the teen/college rap crowd will because they don't seem to be able to understand and relate to the culture of our youthfulness. The older crowd does not get the fact of drinking into oblivion and living every day like its your last or lets say tend to forget. The elder generation of rap probably have steady jobs and cannot afford to party with models and a bunch of college students. However for the typical college student this album speaks directly to you! Ok I know what your saying, I hear you. I'll shut up and let you peep the album down below if you dig it scoop it up on Itunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment